The Tooth Decay Process: How to Reverse It and Avoid a Cavity
Information for Adults and Parents of School-Aged Children
- What’s inside our mouths?
- Why are these microbes dangerous?
- What goes on in our mouths all day?
- How does a cavity develop?
- How can we win the oral tug of war and avoid a cavity?
You know that a dental cavity is a hole in a tooth. But did you know that it’s the result of the tooth decay, and happens over time? Tooth decay is an epidemic, affecting 15% of all youngsters in America, and nearly 50% of the world’s population. It is linked to heart disease, diabetes and early death.